KEN CARYL ART GUILD
Business Meeting Agenda
6:30 PM, November 9, 2017 Ken Caryl Ranch House
· Call to Order: 6:30 PM;
· Attendance: Bruce Nall (chair), Ronnie Seagren, Cindy Marshal, Susan Hilberg, Steve Begej
· Approval of Minutes: Approved.
· Financial Report (Susan Hilberg) Bank balance $1,399.79
· Next Meeting Date January 11, 2018 (December - Holiday Party)
· Membership: ---
· Call for Art Submission Listing: S. Begej will continue publishing bi-monthly announcements containing general notices, reminders, sales, member shows, and art show calls.
· Programs / Workshops (Ronnie Seagren)
o January - Perry the Potter ?
o April - Catherine Petrov on oils
o Judy Alhborn on quilts TBD
· Exhibits (Cindy Marshall / Bruce Nall)
o Rox Café is still dark, and is unclear when might re-open. Rumors include "never", as existing staff has been let go with no plans to re-hire soon.
o Black Arts Wine: Still processing grapes, no contact since last show.
o Community Center: Still a possibility, will need to refresh contacts and status.
· Public Relations (Chelli)
· Art Appreciation (Steve B) - See above "Call for Art Submission Listing"
Old Business / New Business / Communications / Discussion:
· Holiday Party (summary by Bruce Nall)
o We will have the Christmas party at the Meadows the FIRST Thursday, December 7 (leaves room for lots of other events as we get later in the month).
o Everyone (members and guests) will pay $10 since we aren't getting art entry fees to cover the member costs.
o We will have similar buffet trays like last year, adding trays as we add participants.
o Cash bar like last year.
o "e evite" should go out (who did it last year?)
· Exhibit Space Rent with Roxborough group (Pam Page email)?
o "No" to renting and sharing gallery space with them. There are plenty of local co-op galleries with much better traffic for our members to choose from if they want permanent gallery exposure.
o However, we would be open to have joint meetings/programs with them.
7 PM Program
Mary Morrison Golden Paints
Time of Adjournment: 7:01PM
Minutes submitted by S. Begej.