HELD March 13, 2014


The regular business meeting of the Board of Directors of the Ken-Caryl Art Guild was held on March 13, 2014 at the Rox Bar & Grill, 12684 West Indore Place, Littleton CO.



Call to Order

The meeting was called to order at 6:10 pm.




Steve McCall, Susan Hilberg, Bruce Nall, Michele Sires-DeLorean, Judy Ahlborn, Ronnie Seagren


Other Members in Attendance:

Cathy Bergej, Frank Barnitz, Steve Bergej, Larry Perkins, Candy Vallado, Peg Hart


Approval of Minutes

No business was conducted in Feb 2014 due to the celebration of the Guild’s 10th Anniversary.



Treasurer Susan Hilberg reported a balance of  $3445.57. Pres Steve McCall requested that a check be issued to reserve our meeting room at Rox for the remainder of the year: May, June, Sept, Oct, Nov for a total of $125.


Next Meeting Date

May 8, 2014


Committee Reports




An updated membership directory will be made available to the Board reflecting two new members (Cathy Bergej, Peg Hart) and one renewing member (Kathleen Stier).




Ronnie Seagren presented the list of upcoming program presenters: Ken Oliva for May 8th, Ed Turner for June 12, Michael Schussler for Sept 11, and Mary Morrison for Oct 9th. No programs are scheduled for July, August or December. Michele Sires-DeLorean distributed the Event Schedule Planner for the Salon Night with John Fielder.  Board discussed requirements and action items for poster, beverages and staffing at the May 14th event.  Also discussed was the means for promoting the event through personal contacts and mailing lists. Posters will be made available to our members for distribution at the LAC reception.




Reporting for Barbara Williams, Michele Sires-DeLorean presented intake dates for LAC show: April 5, 2014 at 10 am with reception confirmed for April 10 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm.  Rox intake will be May 6, 2014 at 2 pm.  Two members who joined for the Winter Membership Drive will qualify for the two free exhibit incentive.


Public Relations


No report in Gail Firmin’s absence. Michele Sires-DeLorean will take pics and forward to Gail and Judy for posting on FB and website.




Judy Ahlborn requested a list of upcoming presenters from Ronnie Seagren and promotional image for the Fielder event from Michele Sires-DeLorean.


Art Appreciation

Bruce Nall reported that Core New Art Space is celebrating Mo’Print: Month of Printmaking Denver with a juried traditional printmaking show. Entries due by March 23rd.

Communication/Discussion Items


Jeffco Art Award for 2014 for $100 was discussed and approved.

Details:  Jeffco High School Art Award at the Arvada Center; Judging April 9. 1 to 3 pm; Show runs from April 11 to May 11; Reception April 21, 6 to 9 pm with awards at 7pm


Business Friend of the Arts as a potential membership category was discussed. The Board decided not to include as a category but will continue to request ‘in-kind’ donations for specific events.


Action Items


Steve McCall will present payment to Rox for the reservation of our meeting room for the remainder of the year.


Ronnie Seagren will confirm allowance of alcoholic beverages at the Ridge for Salon Night with John Fielder and will request via email additional help


Michele Sires-DeLorean offered to work as server for the event. 




There being no further items for discussion, the meeting was adjourned at 6:59 pm.



Respectfully submitted,


Michele Sires-DeLorean, Secretary